5 Tips on Marketing Your Event for Free
If your marketing budget is small (or even non-existent), don’t panic! There are still many creative ways to get the word out that a great event is about to happen.
- Build up a team of social media ambassadors. This group of trusted people will help to get the word out that your event is happening. They will help you build your brand on social media, so put some time and effort into building a relationship with them and ensuring they’re kept up to date with all the developments in your organisation.
- Send some emails. Stay in contact with former attendees and let them know about forthcoming events. Engage them throughout the year so they’re aware of early bird ticket deals, special guest speakers, and competitions.
- Put together some enticing special offers. We’re talking amazing deals that make it silly not to go. Consider offers like 50% off, bring a friend for free, and win a one-on-one session with the keynote speaker.
- Set up a pop-up alert on your website. When users have been on your website for a certain time (you decide how long), a new screen will pop up, inviting them to attend your event.
- Speak to the press. Give interviews with the local press about the forthcoming event – get on the radio, send press releases, phone journalists. Make contacts with journalists who specialise in your particular area – they will be invaluable in letting attendees from further afield know that you’re holding an event they should attend.
An effective low budget (or even free) marketing campaign goes beyond simply sharing details on social media. With some time and effort, it’s possible to let lots of attendees know that your event is happening; the key is to start networking ASAP and keep in regular contact with the relevant people.
Do you have any tips for marketing your event for free? Let us know on Twitter or share in the Comments section below!